Why Cotton is the Best Summer Fabric for Baby•
Posted on July 19 2022
Summer is undeniably our favorite time of year. It's all about trips to the beach, picnics, camping, barbecues, and getting plenty of sunshine. Having a baby in the summer means getting to share some of these wonderful things with your new little human, but it also means being more cautious about how you spend your summer days. Babies have sensitive skin and are not very good at regulating their body temperature yet, so making sure they stay cool in the summer is really important.
Keeping your baby cool in summer means making sure there's plenty of shade and that they have the proper clothing that covers their sensitive skin. The kind of fabric you choose is important, too. One of the best summer cottons for babies is cotton.
Why is cotton a great summer fabric for babies?
- Cotton is lightweight, ultra breathable and known for its cooling properties, which means that it can help babies stay cool in those high summer temperatures.
- Cotton is absorbent, which means it can soak up perspiration in the heat. But remember that if your baby is too wet, you might want to change them because cotton fabric might hold onto the moisture if it is too wet.
- It is highly durable. Wear, get dirty, wash, repeat. Your baby's cotton clothes can stand the test of summer playtime and will still be around the next summer… if only they stayed babies a little longer!
- Cotton can withstand high temperatures when washing. This means that any stains accumulated from summer picnics can be easily washed out many times. Because it can withstand high water temperatures, your baby's cotton clothes can easily be sanitized.
- Cotton is hypoallergenic which means that there is less chance of your baby developing rashes from their clothing. Because who wants to be itchy when you're trying to have fun in summer?!
Cotton is a great summertime fabric for babies, but remember that taking care of baby also means keeping them properly shaded and cooled down. Read our blog about planning a beach day with baby to get more tips on keeping your baby cool in summer.
And don't forget to check out our summer collection! All of our baby clothing is 100% cotton, so your baby will be comfortable this summer and the whole year round.