How to Make a Pop-Up Valentine's Card!•
Posted on February 11 2022
With Valentine's Day coming up on Monday, this weekend is the perfect time to make a Valentine's Day card for someone special. This pop-up Valentine's Card is fun and easy to make, so it can easily become a family activity. If you are so inclined, set aside some time this weekend to get the family together and get crafty!
What you'll need
- Construction paper, preferably in Valentine's colors like reds and pinks
- A glue stick or glue bottle
- A pencil
- A ruler
- Markers or colored pencils to write your Valentine's Day note!
1. Choose a color of construction paper to be the inside of the card. White is probably preferable so you can write a note in it later. Fold the paper in half and make incisions with the scissors. You should end up with three small strips of paper still attached. It should look like this:
2. Open the paper and push the thin strips inward, pulling them through the other side so that they form right angles. You can even fold the paper back down so the strips are folded in their right angles.
3. Take your ruler (or something else with a straight edge if you don't have a ruler) and measure a half inch on each side of the folded paper except for the side with the folded strips. Use a pencil to mark the measurements. Then cut along the pencil lines.
4. Take another piece of construction paper in your color of choice and fold it in half. Glue the first paper to the inside of the second paper, making sure not to glue the strips down.
5. Take another piece of colored construction paper and fold it in half. With a pencil, draw half heart shapes along the folded edge, then cut out the shapes. You should end up with a perfect heart shape.
6. Put glue on the top part of the right angle paper strips, and glue the hearts onto the strips. When the glue dries you should be able to open and close the card with the heart popping up to greet your Valentine when they open it!
Note: You can use markers or colored pencils to write a message or draw more Valentine's designs.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!