Healthy Pancakes Your Kids Will Love!•
Posted on February 07 2022
So you want your family to eat healthy, but your kids beg you for pancakes in the morning - not to mention that you crave pancakes too. What's a mom to do?
Believe it or not, you can have your pancakes and eat them too. These oat and banana pancakes are so good, you'll almost feel guilty for eating them, despite the fact that they contain no sugar, and no flour (which contains very little nutrients).
And they're easy to make with only three nutritional ingredients:
4 Eggs - Eggs are an eggcellent source of nutrition. They are chock full of protein, healthy fats, as well as iron and other vitamins and minerals that our bodies need to function well.
2 Bananas - Bananas are a powerhouse of potassium and a good source of carbohydrates, making them the perfect fruit for active kids. These guys, especially when ripe, provide a natural source of sugar to sweeten your morning pancakes.
⅔ Cup Oats - Oats are high in protein, fiber, and carbohydrates. They also contain more healthy fats than most grains. The oats will essentially replace the flour in the pancakes with a more nutritionally dense option.
Toppings - This is entirely up to you! I like to chop up bananas or other fruits like blueberries or raspberries. Walnuts are a great topping too. You can pour syrup on top, or for a healthier option, use honey.
* This will make 3 medium-sized pancakes
1. Place all the ingredients (besides the toppings of course!) in a blender or food processor. It should be a fairly strong blender to render the ingredients into batter.
2. Blend until you get a smooth batter.
3. Heat a pan on the stove at high temperature and grease the pan with butter.
4. Pour batter into the heated, buttered pan until you get the size of the pancake you want.
5. Wait until the pancake is cooked enough on one side to flip it over.
6. When it's flipped onto the other side, you can check to see if it's all the way cooked by testing the edges like this:
7. Repeat until all the batter is finished!
8. Add toppings and enjoy!
PRO TIP: To clean the blender or food processor, add soap and water and blend!